Suzuki V-Strom 650
Feedom never looked so good
The spirit of adventure beckons you to new destinations. To new sights, sounds and sensations.
The V-Strom 650 ABS is built to get you there with more enjoyment and excitement, in greater comfort.
Performance. Handling. Styling. Redesigned throughout. Upgraded throughout.
Invalid Displayed Gallery
- Compact, slim styling featuring a vivid combination of expressive painted sections and functional black resin components accentuates the sporty profile.
- The sporty, dynamic front fairing houses compact dual multi-reflector headlight delivering superb light distribution.
- Stylish and functional front air intakes and side air outlets contribute to both looks and rider comfort.
- 3-way height-adjustable windscreen, carefully shaped with extensive wind tunnel testing, efficiently reduces wind noise and rider fatigue.
- Comfortable riding position composed with a well-shaped seat, slim 20-liter fuel tank and compactly tucked-in frame covers make the rider feel at one with the machine.
- Functional seat, combining red-stitched leather-look sections and suede-look, slip-resistant surfaces, and topped with an embossed V-Strom logo.
- The upswept muffler, topped with a silver cover and a buffed-finish end cap is gracing the rear end.
- Lightweight resin luggage carrier comes with a slip-resistant rubber mat and is one piece with well-shaped, easy-to-grasp grab bars.
- Instruments with an analog tachometer and brightness-adjustable LCD speedometer. LCD readouts include odometer, dual trip meter, gear position, coolant and ambient temperature, average fuel consumption, fuel gauge and clock.
- Switching between LCD readings can be done with the left handlebar switch.
- LED indicators include a road freeze warning indicator which, together with the ambient temperature display, helps riders’ awareness of road conditions.
- 645cm3 V-Twin engine features broad torque delivery, signature V-Twin power pulses and sporty quick-revving high rpm range power surges for a full-range riding enjoyment.
- Efficient engine designs deliver high mileage and class-leading riding range.
- Radiator with a more compact core, flanked by wind-directing plates shaped with holes* for enhancing cooling efficiency and allowing hot radiator air to flow out to the side air outlets and away from the rider’s legs. (*Patent application under process.)
- The fuel injection system uses fine-atomization 10-hole fuel injectors for high combustion efficiency.
- The 6-speed transmission is tailored for active sporty rides with tighter 1st through 5th gear ratios, while keeping highway cruises comfortable with a tall top gear.
- A high-speed 32-bit ECU controls Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve (SDTV) system, contributing to enhanced low-to-mid rpm range torque, a linear throttle response and lower emissions.
- Twin iridium spark plugs for each cylinder heighten the spark strength and combustion efficiency, contributing to increased power, a more linear throttle response, easier engine start-up and a more stable idle.
- Suzuki-developed and patented Throttle-body Integrated Idle Speed Control (TI-ISC) contributes to easy cold starting, stable idle and lower emissions.
- Lightweight and rigid twin-spar aluminium-alloy frame and swingarm contribute to smooth handling performance and well-poised running at high-speeds.
- Spring-preload-adjustable 43mm-stanchion-tube front forks and link-type rear suspension with rebound stepless damping adjuster as well as a spring preload adjuster.
- 19-inch front and 17-inch rear radial tires specifically designed for the V-Strom 650 ABS.
- Front dual 310mm-disc brakes and rear 260mm-disc brake deliver smooth, controllable stopping power. Expansion-resistant high-pressure brake hose enhances the responsive brake feel.
- Antilock Brake System (ABS)* unit features a lightweight, compact design. The ABS monitors wheel speed, and matches stopping power to available traction.
- Transponder-type Suzuki Advanced Immobilizer System (SAIS) helps prevent theft with an electronic code ID system built into the owner’s key.
- A wide selection of Suzuki Genuine Accessories, designed for a smooth, easy fit with the V-Strom 650 ABS, adds to both adventure tourer profile and function.
*Please note that ABS is a supplemental device for brake operation, not a device for shortening stopping distance. Always remember to reduce speed sufficiently before approaching curves and corners.
|Engine||645cc, 90 degree V-twin, 4-stroke, 8-valve DOHC, liquid-cooled|
|Transmission||6-speed constant mesh|
|Front Suspension||43mm telescopic forks with adjustable spring preload|
|Rear Suspension||Link type, with adjustable rebound and spring preload|
|Front Breaks||Tokico twin-piston calipers, dual 310mm floating discs with ABS|
|Rear Brakes||Nissin single-piston caliper, 260mm disc with ABS|
|Wheel base||1,560 mm|
|Fuel Capacity||20 litre|
|Colours||White, Red & Grey|
|Warranty||2 year unlimited kilometre|