Suzuki GSX-S1000 – In-Store NOW
Made for the street, bred for the MotoGP
The all-new GSX-S1000. Suddenly the GSX line enters a bold new era. Bred from MotoGP, made for the street and designed to get your pulse racing. Experience the bike that’s sure to become a legend.
Book in your test ride and ensure you’re one of the first to test ride the all new GSX-S1000.
This is the engine designed to own the racetrack. Tuned for the streets. Customised to a rakish roadster bound to become a legend in its own right. The broad range of power and torque is untouchable. It is everything you are looking for on the road. And then some. State-of-the-art technology provides ultimate efficiency, increasing the pleasure of every run. Everything to experience. Nothing to stand in your way.
The GSX-S1000 is designed to look wild, rugged, and aggressive — and to keep the rider comfortable at all times. The bike’s overall shape evokes a crouching beast. LED position lights are shaped to represent its fangs. And a combination of black plastics and painted parts emphasizes the bike’s assertive, sporty personality.
- A chassis engineered for real-world enjoyment
Suzuki designed a new chassis in a compact, lightweight package that makes the GSX-S1000/F agile and fun to ride. Every aspect of the chassis reflects a focus on great handling and control in real-world conditions from city streets to twisty mountain roads. The main frame helps to ensure nimble handling and great roadholding. The main tubes are straight from the steering head to the swingarm pivot. Their shape is ideal for achieving high rigidity and low weight. Suzuki used finite-element-analysis techniques to make the frame even lighter than that of the current GSX-R1000. The sturdy aluminium-alloy swingarm comes straight from the current GSX-R1000. It is ruggedly braced and helps to ensure great roadholding together with superbike looks.
- Suzuki Easy Start System: New one-push, push-start system where the clutch does not need to be engaged when gear is in neutral.
- Plush ride: Newly specified 43mm KYB inverted front forks give a ride that is sporty yet plush. They have fully adjustable damping, rebound, compression and spring preload. A single KYB rear shock features adjustable rebound damping and spring pre-load.
- Iridium spark plugs heighten the spark strength and combustion efficiency, contributing to higher power, more linear throttle response, easier engine start-up, and a more stable idle compared to conventional type.
- New cam profiles designed to optimize the valve timing suitable for the streets, but with the racetrack in mind.
- Radiator shrouds efficiently guide air to the newly designed and highly efficient round shaped radiator. Lightweight and compact liquid-cooled oil cooler.
- New pistons were engineered with use of FEM (Finite Element Method) analysis to achieve optimal rigidity and weight.
- The 4-2-1 exhaust system contributes to stronger low-to-mid range output with exciting exhaust notes and adrenaline-rushing performance.
- Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material (SCEM)-plated cylinders integrated into the upper crankcase reduce friction and improve heat transfer and durability.
- Fuel injectors are 10-hole, long-nosed injectors on each throttle body for better combustion and reducing fuel consumption.
- 73.4mm x 59.0mm long-stroke design makes it possible for a broad spread of power throughout the rev range.
- A six-speed close-ratio transmission features vertically staggered shafts to reduce overall engine length.
- Lightweight and compact chassis engineered to be agile and fun-to-ride for a wide range of riders.
- Lightweight and rigid main frame and aluminum-alloy swingarm.
- ENKEI 6-spoke lightweight cast aluminum wheels mounted to Dunlop radial tires.
- Matte black aluminum Renthal Fatbar handlebar is standard equipment.
- Low seat height of 815mm with a sporty, yet upright riding position.
|Engine||4-CYLINDER, 4-STROKE, LIQUID-COOLED, DOHC|
|Transmission||6-SPEED CONSTANT MESH|
|Front Suspension||43MM KYB INVERTED FORK, FULLY ADJUSTABLE|
|Rear Suspension||LINK TYPE, WITH ADJUSTABLE REBOUND AND SPRING PRELOAD|
|Front Breaks||BREMBO RADIAL-MOUNT MONOBLOC CALIPERS, DUAL 310MM DISCS|
|Fuel Capacity||21 litre|
|Colours||Red/Black & Blue/White|
|Warranty||2 year unlimited kilometre|