Suzuki RMZ 250 – Race ready out of the crate
The RM-Z250 continues to evolve for 2016, delivering a higher level of performance with its new KYB PSF2 air forks and KYB rear shock, redesigned frame which improves upon its already class-leading handling, the addition of Suzuki Holeshot Assist Control (S-HAC), and extensive engine upgrades with over 80 redesigned internal engine parts delivering improved mid-range and broader performance.
- Suzuki Holeshot Assist Control (S-HAC)
- 48mm KYB PSF2 Air Fork & KYB Rear Shock
- More Powerful Engine
- Rich & Lean Fuel Couplers
Run Out offer available on MY16 RM-Z250 models purchased by 30/09/2016 unless offer is extended. Only while stocks last.
Invalid Displayed Gallery
- The 249cm3, 4-stroke, fuel-injected, DOHC engine, with a compact and lightweight design, powers the RM-Z250’s championship-winning performance.
- Through feedback from factory racing, the piston and piston pin were developed using Finite Element Method (FEM) analysis.
- The advanced battery-less fuel-injection (FI) system features a 44mm throttle body with progressive throttle linkage and a 16-bit computer.
- The fuel injection system uses a unique capacitor-assisted starting system and is powered by a durable, lightweight magneto-generator after starting.
- The aluminium cylinder with Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material (SCEM) coating is built for durability, light weight and efficient heat transfer.
- The transmission design achieves a smooth yet solid shift feel. The method of fastening the sprocket attains a quick shift feel.
- The 48mm Separate Function front Fork (SFF) Type 2 from Showa, separates the spring and damping tasks. The right leg holds the spring, while the left leg incorporates the cartridge assembly to manage damping. This results in reduced friction, increased absorption performance, and weight saving.
- The front fork spring pre-load and damping force are fully adjustable, allowing wider range of setting.
- Smart chassis design details include footrest brackets shaped to help prevent mud clogging.
- Race-inspired disc rotors and Excel aluminium rims are standard equipment.
- Renthal aluminium Fatbar is standard equipment. It has more strength and less vibration than aluminium straight handlebars.
- The gripper seat has knurled patterns on its grey top surface to provide the rider with additional grip.
- Two couplers are included for quickly adjusting the fuel mapping to suit the riding conditions. One is for a richer fuel mapping than the stock setting and the other is for a leaner fuel mapping. Customers can change the fuel mapping to suit the best riding conditions by just connecting either coupler.
- A maintenance cap for the fuel pump and a plug for the fuel hose are included for ease of maintenance when the customer removes the fuel tank for maintenance.
- The muffler body uses conventional bolts in end cap instead of rivets to simplify the replacement of the glass wool packing in the muffler.
- FI indicator (optional part: 36380-28H00) has hour meter function, indicates how many hours
|Engine||249cc, single cylinder, 4-stroke, liquid cooled, DOHC|
|Transmission||5-speed constant mesh|
|Front Suspension||48mm, SHOWA Separate Function Fork (SFF) Type 2|
|Rear Suspension||SHOWA rear shock with high/low-speed compression damping plus rebound damping and spring preload adjustments|
|Front Breaks||Twin-piston caliper, Wave Disc|
|Rear Brakes||Single-piston caliper, Wave Disc|