Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT
Feedom never looked so good
For 2015, the all new V-Strom 650XT ABS is here to expand your field in adventure touring. The new V-Strom 650XT ABS has more adventurous styling with a new distinctive front beak with integrated air ducts that lead air to the wind directing plates for improved cooling performance and aluminium reverse spoke wheels for better shock absorption and a comfortable ride.
The Australian spec model is equipped with Genuine Suzuki accessory hand-guards, engine under cowling and engine protection bars for the rigors of off-road adventure riding. The 645cc V-Twin engine with exceptional low-to-mid rpm performance combined with striking accessories and unique styling, conveys an adventurous spirit.
The power for freedom
The V-Strom 650’s four-stroke, DOHC, 645cm3 90-degree V-twin engine is ready for full-range riding enjoyment. It offers the distinctive beat feel of a V-twin, a
mple torque for easy handling at low and mid-range revs, and powerful performance at the high end of the rev range. A broad powerband makes for smooth going on steep mountain passes, open highways, and crowded city streets. Plus, great fuel economy ensures a class-*leading riding range.
*650cm3～800cm3 adventure touring models
- Front dual 310mm-disc brakes and rear 260mm-disc brakes deliver smooth, controllable stopping power. Expansion-resistant high-pressure brake hose enhances the responsive brake feel.
- Digital Antilock Brake System (ABS)* unit features a lightweight, compact design. The ABS monitors wheel speed, and matches stopping power to available traction.
- With a comfortable, upright riding position and a low seat height, the functional seat combines red-stitched leather-look sections and suede-look, slip-resistant surfaces, and is topped off with an embossed V-Strom logo.
- A lightweight, one-piece, resin luggage carrier with well-shaped, easy-to-grasp grab bars comes with a slip-resistant rubber mat.
- Twin iridium spark plugs for each cylinder for better spark strength and combustion efficiency contributing to increased power, a more linear throttle response, easier engine start-up and a more stable idle.
- A radiator with a more compact core, flanked by wind-directing plates shaped with holes* for enhancing cooling efficiency, directing engine heat to flow out to the side air outlets and away from the rider’s legs. (*Patented.)
- Suzuki-developed and patented Throttle-body Integrated Idle Speed Control (TI-ISC) contributes to easy cold starting, stable idle and lower emissions.
- Lightweight and rigid twin-spar aluminium-alloy frame and swingarm contribute to smooth handling performance and excellent stability at high-speeds.
- 5-way spring-preload-adjustable 43mm-stanchion-tube front forks and link-type rear suspension with rebound stepless damping adjuster as well as a spring preload adjuster that can be increased or decreased by turning a knob, without using tools.
|Engine||90° V-TWIN, 4-STROKE, DOHC, LIQUID-COOLED|
|Transmission||6-speed constant mesh|
|Front Suspension||43mm telescopic forks with adjustable spring preload|
|Rear Suspension||Link type, with adjustable rebound and spring preload|
|Front Breaks||Tokico twin-piston calipers, dual 310mm floating discs with ABS|
|Rear Brakes||Nissin single-piston caliper, 260mm disc with ABS|
|Wheel base||1,560 mm|
|Fuel Capacity||20 litre|
|Colours||METALLIC MAT GREY / PEARL GLACIER WHITE|
|Warranty||2 year unlimited kilometre|