All Adventure No Compromises
Picture the most thrilling way to cross the planet on two wheels. You would have the power and durability to tackle mountain roads. And the inspiration to explore roads unknown. Day after day, you would feel light on your feet, comfortable, ready to push ahead. Your gear would stow easily. You would know you could rely on the technology. It is time to get out there. Introducing the ultimate touring machine for every road. The 2014 V-Strom 1000.
Explore the V-Strom 1000 ABS to the fullest with 360º views, interviews and more. www.suzuki-vstrom.com
- Suzuki’s Traction Control System* continuously monitors the front and rear wheel speeds, the throttle position sensor, the crank position sensor, and the gear position sensor. It quickly reduces engine output when it detects wheel spin. It controls the engine output by managing the ignition timing and air delivery about every 4 milliseconds.
- The rider can select three modes (1, 2, and off). Modes 1 and 2 differ in terms of sensitivity. Mode 1 has lower sensitivity; it allows a certain degree of rear wheel spin. Mode 2 has higher sensitivity; the system effects traction control sooner.
- A redesigned 1037cc, 90-degree V-twin engine is designed to get you where you want to go. Whether it is around town, on the open highway, or down the road less traveled.
- The light and compact Anti-Lock brake system (ABS)^ system monitors the wheel speed as much as 50 times per wheel rotation and matches the stopping power to the available traction.
- Tokico 4-piston monoblock front brake calipers with 310mm floating-mount dual discs are now equipped with the new V-Strom for a stronger braking performance.
- The exhaust has been completely redesigned with Suzuki Exhaust Tuning (SET) technology which has an ECM-controlled butterfly located in the exhaust pipes that optimizes pressure.
- The piston rings are thinner and have 15% less tensile force for lower friction. They contribute to higher combustion efficiency and fuel economy.
- New pistons were engineered with use of FEM analysis to achieve optimal rigidity and weight. Although the pistons are larger than the ones they replace, they are the same weight and equally rigid.
- Twin iridium spark plugs for each cylinder heighten the spark strength and combustion efficiency, thereby contributing to higher power, more linear throttle response, easier engine start-up, and a more stable idle.
- The Suzuki Clutch Assist System (SCAS) works as a slipper clutch on downshifts. By letting the clutch slip at a certain degree, the rider has reduced fatigue and smoother shifts.
- The fuel tank has slimmed thanks to the new slimmer V-twin engine Redesigned main frame and subframe increases rigidity balance for greater stability and handling. It’s also 13% lighter than the previous model.
- The new V-Strom uses a 43mm KYB inverted front forks to provide a sporty yet plush ride in diverse conditions.
- Newly designed Enkei wheels are a lightweight 10-spoke cast aluminum.
- The instruments include an analogue tachometer and a brightness-adjustable LCD speedometer. LCD readouts include an odometer, dual trip meters, the gear position, the coolant and ambient temperatures, the voltage, the riding range, the average fuel consumption, the instantaneous fuel consumption, the traction control mode, a fuel gauge, and a clock.
- A 12V DC outlet is located below the instrument panel is for ease of use and is ideal for powering a navigation unit or charging your mobile device.
- Distinctive vertical headlight configuration mirrors the infamous Hayabusa and GSX-R sportbikes.
- The seat is shaped for comfort and the sidewalls have a high-grip texture. The seat height has also been lowered compared to previous years so riders can easily put their feet on the ground.
*Note: The traction control system is not a substitute for the rider’s throttle control. It cannot prevent loss of traction due to excessive speed when the rider enters a turn and/or applies the brakes. Neither can it prevent the front wheel from losing grip.
^The ABS is a supplemental device for brake operation, not a device for shortening stopping distance. Always remember to reduce speed sufficiently before approaching curves.
|Engine||4-stroke, DOHC, 90° V-twin, liquid-cooled|
|Transmission||6-speed constant mesh|
|Front Suspension||43mm Kayaba inverted fully adjustable front forks|
|Rear Suspension||Link type, adjustable spring preload|
|Front Breaks||Tokico 4-piston monobloc calipers, dual 310mm floating discs with ABS|
|Rear Brakes||Nissin single-piston caliper, 260mm disc with ABS|
|Wheel base||1,555 mm|
|Fuel Capacity||20 litre|
|Colours||Candy Red, Pearl White & Desert Khaki|
|Warranty||two year unlimited kilometre|
*Get helpful and honest advise from our experienced team members!
We can’t wait to hear from you.