Suzuki GSX-R1000 – An Invitation to own the Racetrack
This bike is packed full of features you will love.
The secret to the 2016 GSX-R1000’s legendary performance is an unrivaled combination of awesome power and precision handling. Its powerplant features cutting-edge designs like lightweight, forged pistons help it provide incredible acceleration out of corners, matched by stunning top-end performance. Its chassis is designed for optimum rigidity, providing responsive steering and rock-solid stability even through wide-open sweepers
The latest generation of the GSX-R1000, delivering a renewed invitation for riders worldwide: Own the Racetrack.
*For closed-course use only; not intended for street use
Please note: Seat cowl is an optional accessory.
- 999cm3 4-cylinder powerplant, with Bore x stroke of 74.5mm x 57.3mm brings enhanced throttle response across the entire rpm range and high potential for racetrack performance.
- The compact engine enables short wheelbase and long swingarm at the same time to improve racetrack performance.
- Lightweight, durable forged pistons are designed with the Finite Element Method (FEM) and fatigue analysis technology used for MotoGP racing engines.
- Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material (SCEM)-plated cylinders integrated into the upper crankcase reduce friction and improve heat transfer, durability and ring seal.
- Pentagonal shaped ventilation holes in the sides of each cylinder bore reduce pumping losses due to internal crankcase air-pressure resistance to downward piston movement.
- Optimized camshaft profiles for great racing potential was developed using proven MotoGP racing engine technology.
- Optimally shaped combustion chambers and a compression ratio of 12.9:1 promote low-range and mid-range performance and help realize a broad torque curve.
- Iridium spark plugs produce a strong spark for efficient combustion.
- 12-hole fuel injectors produce a fine fuel mist for more complete combustion, reducing fuel consumption and exhaust emissions.
- An Engine Control Module (ECM) provides state-of-the-art engine management and has optimized settings to suit the single muffler, resulting in better fuel economy and linear throttle response.
- Suzuki Drive Mode Selector (S-DMS) offers push-button selection of three performance settings to suit riding conditions and personal taste. The switch is located on the left handlebar control module.
- The 4-2-1 exhaust system carries a Suzuki Exhaust Tuning (SET) valve maximizing torque and improving throttle response, especially in the low-to-mid rpm range.
- Race-proven back-torque-limiting clutch contributes to smoother downshifting and corner entry.
- Large, efficient radiator with a trapezoidal shape developed on factory team racebikes and a trapezoidal engine oil cooler both help reduce drag.
- A lightweight and compact twin-spar frame is made of five cast sections. It is mated with an arched swingarm made of three castings and one-piece die-cast rear subframe.
- Showa Big Piston Front forks (BPF) with an endurance-race-proven design deliver superb feedback and responsive, stable operation, and are lightweight.
- Rear shock absorber features adjustable rebound damping, spring preload, and both high-speed and low-speed compression damping.
- The front disc brakes are equipped with the top-of-the –line radial-mount Brembo monobloc calipers.
- The rear brake system with single-piston caliper contributes to a reduction of unsprung weight.
- The lightweight and high-grip front and rear tires reduce unsprung weight for sharp handling.
- Electronically controlled steering damper provides lighter steering at slower speeds and more damping force at racetrack and highway speeds.
- 3-way adjustable footpegs, adjustable shift lever and short fuel tank help compose a comfortable riding position.
- Instruments include a silver-ringed analog tachometer with LCD speedometer. LCD readouts include odometer, dual trip meter, reserve trip meter, clock, coolant temperature/oil pressure warning indicator, gear position indicator, lap timer/stopwatch, S-DMS setting indicator and bar-graph indicating the instrument lighting level, or brightness.
- The edgy and clean GSX-R1000 styling incorporates fairing and bodywork details aimed at reducing turbulence and drag.
- Distinctive multi-reflector headlight with vertically stacked high and low-beam halogen bulbs is centered between position light on each side.
- Attention to rider comfort includes a carefully shaped seat with high-grip leather for better holding feel.
- The wheels have pin stripes punctured by “R” logos that highlight the bike’s identity.
- Optional single seat cowl can be replaced with the tandem seat for an even more aggressive image and solo rides or track days.
|Engine||999cc, 4-cylinder, 4-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC|
|Transmission||6-speed constant mesh with slipper clutch|
|Front Suspension||43mm SHOWA inverted Big Piston Fork (BPF), with adjustable compression, rebound and spring preload|
|Rear Suspension||Link type, SHOWA,with fully adjustable compression (High & Low Speed), rebound and spring preload|
|Front Breaks||Brembo radial-mount monoblock 4-Piston calipers, dual 310mm floating discs|
|Rear Brakes||Nissin single-piston caliper, 220mm disc|
|Fuel Capacity||17.5 litre|
|Colours||Blue / White or Black|
|Warranty||Two-year unlimited kilometre warranty|