Suzuki RMZ 450 – Ahead of the pack
The RM-Z450 continues to deliver the class-leading performance that has made it one of the most successful 450cc motocross bikes ever produced. The 2016 model features a more advanced version of the Suzuki Holeshot Assist Control (S-HAC) system which gives riders the edge over the competition for the perfect start. Paired with the ultra-lightweight and easily tuneable 49mm Showa SFF-Air fork which brings factory level performance and adjustability to riders of all abilities. Add in the rugged, yet super responsive chassis to the mix and it’s clear that the RM-Z450 continues to be a winner.
- Suzuki Holeshot Assist Control (S-HAC)
- 49mm Showa SFF-Air TAC Front Fork & Showa Rear Shock
- Championship Proven 449cc Engine
- Rich & Lean Adjustable Fuel Couplers
$8,990 Run Out offer available on MY16 RM-Z450 models purchased by 30/09/2016 unless offer is extended. Only while stocks last.
Invalid Displayed Gallery
RRP $ 8,990 Rideaway – RUN OUT SALE
“Honestly, everything about the bike is good” (Vicki Golden)
- The 49mm Showa SFF-Air suspension is an evolution of the original SFF system with no fork spring, reduced weight, increased inner tube diameter, and increased damper rod/piston size. The SFF-Air is made of 3 chambers and riders can change the spring rate with an air pump instead of changing out the fork spring/s.
- The Suzuki Holeshot Assist Control (S-HAC) is a selectable launch mode system derived straight from the factory race bike to help riders launch from the starting gate for an early lead. There are three modes so riders can choose the best option for their skill level and riding conditions.
- A Mode: For hard surfaces or less than ideal conditions at the starting gate, hold down the S-HAC switch for more than 0.7 second.
- B Mode: When there is better traction and a more aggressive launch is needed, hold down the S-HAC switch for more than 1.8 second.
- Engine starting has been improved with a longer kick starter lever for easier operation, a redesigned kick drive gear, a relocated kick idle gear, a newly added breather gear, and a redesigned decompression system that works more precisely and efficiently.
- A redesigned frame increases rigidity and reduces weight by 4% from the previous model.
- Cooling performance has been enhanced with the radiator hose connection being changed from a T-shaped to a Y-shaped design for more equal water flow between left and right radiators. Water flow is also increased by 16% with a redesigned water pump cover and the water hose is now directly connected to the water pump.
- The gear shift feel has been improved with a revised gear shift cam for a more precise operation. The machining process of each gear was also reviewed to increase precision of matching gears.
- 449cm3 4-stroke liquid-cooled DOHC 4-valve fuel-injected engine developed to deliver phenomenal idle-to-redline thrust.
- Through feedback from factory racing, the piston, piston pin and connecting-rod are developed with use of Finite Element Method (FEM) analysis.
- The piston pin has Diamond-Like Carbon (DLC) surface treatment, for less friction and increased durability.
- Lightweight, battery-less, motocross-use electronic fuel injection system with progressive throttle linkage makes for efficient power delivery.
- 12-hole fuel injector delivers a fine fuel/air mist for efficient operation.
- Aluminium cylinder with Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material (SCEM) coating, built for durability, light weight and efficient heat transfer.
- Revised 5-speed transmission enables precise gear shift operation.
- Slim chassis design makes for a slim riding position, opening up the cockpit to allow the rider to actively take control of the machine.
- Showa piggyback-reservoir rear shock with high/low-speed compression damping adjustment, plus rebound damping and spring preload adjustments.
- The rear shock, working through Suzuki’s superlative rising-rate linkage system, provides 310mm of wheel travel, delivering maximum traction.
- Race-inspired waved disc rotors and Excel aluminium rims are standard equipment.
- Renthal Aluminium Fatbar is standard equipment. It has more strength and less vibration than Aluminium straight handlebars.
- Gripper seat, with projected cross-shaped patterns on grey-coloured top surface provides the rider with additional grip.
- For quick fuel adjustment setting to suit riding conditions, two couplers are enclosed. One is for rich and another for lean fuel setting compared to stock setting. Customer can change fuel setting to best suit the riding conditions by just connecting either coupler.
- Maintenance cap for fuel pump and plug for fuel hose are enclosed for ease of maintenance when customer removes fuel tank for maintenance purpose.
- The muffler body uses conventional bolts, instead of rivets to simplify the replacement of muffler’s glass wool packing.
|Engine||449 cc, single cylinder, 4-stroke, liquid cooled, DOHC|
|Transmission||5-speed constant mesh|
|Front Suspension||49mm, SHOWA SFF-Air Triple Air Chamber (TAC) Fork|
|Rear Suspension||SHOWA rear shock with high/low-speed compression damping plus rebound damping and spring preload adjustments|
|Front Breaks||Nissin twin-piston caliper, 250mm wave disc|
|Rear Brakes||Nissin single-piston caliper, 240mm wave disc|
|Fuel Capacity||6.2 litre|
|Colours||Yellow / Black|