Suzuki DR-Z400SML4 – Essence of Super Motard Riding
Now available with free On-Roads*
The DR-Z400SM welcomes you to the exhilarating world of supermotard riding with cutting-edge dual purpose bike designs and stylish, functional top-grade equipment that captures the essence of free-spirited street riding pleasure.
For exceptional performance on the street, the DR-Z400SM offers remarkably smooth performance, along with a rush of torque across the powerband. For crisp handling, it features a lightweight, compact design, complemented by advanced suspension front and rear, including an RM-Z450-derived inverted fork.
Invalid Displayed Gallery
*On-road costs consist of 12 months registration, Compulsory Third Party (CTP) insurance, Government stamp duty, dealer pre-delivery and freight charges. From participating Dealers only.
- 398cc, 4-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 4-valve engine shared with the DR-Z400S produces lots of useful torque, and features amazingly compact, lightweight and streamlined high-tech designs give full pleasure of supermotard riding.
- Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material (SCEM) plated engine’s aluminium cylinder bore for durability, weight reduction and superior heat transfer.
- Dry-sump oiling system keeps the crankcases compact for agile handling.
- Clutch, magneto and cam covers all made of lightweight aluminium-alloy.
- Digitally mapped DC-CDI system monitoring throttle position/engine rpm and adjusts ignition timing efficient combustion.
- Compact electric starter motor and automatic compression release system for easy starting.
- Massive 310mm floating type front disc brake, same size used on the GSX-R1000 and 240mm rear disc brake shared with the RM-Z450 provide serious stopping power.
- Showa inverted front forks derived from the RM-Z450 make for extra-smooth stroke action. Compression damping force 21-way adjustable and rebound damping force 19-way adjustable.
- Long-travel, damping and spring preload adjustable rear shock absorber also using RM’s technology, and stylish tapered aluminium-alloy swingarm with a progressive linkage. Spring preload fully adjustable compression damping force 20-way adjustable and rebound damping force 17-way adjustable.
- Based on the advanced Dual Purpose model DR-Z400S, the DR-Z400SM’s bodywork is sculpted as slim as possible, especially at footpegs, and features super-smooth transitions between major section such as fuel tank, seat, radiator covers, side covers and rear fender.
- Narrow, lightweight thin-wall chrome-moly steel tubing frame and a bolt-on type, aluminium-alloy subframe made for light, responsive handling.
- 17-inch high-grip front and rear radial tyres on the wide and stylishly black-coloured aluminium-rim wheels.
- Easy-to-read multi-function digital instrument includes speedometer, odometer, dual tripmeters with both addition and subtraction functions, clock and stopwatch with subtraction capability.
- Bright 60/55W halogen headlight with maintenance-free battery.
|Engine||398cc, four-stroke, single cylinder, DOHC, 4-valve, liquid cooled|
|Front Suspension||47mm SHOWA inverted telescopic forks, with adjustable rebound and compression damping|
|Rear Suspension||Link-type, SHOWA with fully-adjustable compression (High & Low Speed), rebound and spring preload|
|Front Breaks||Nissin twin-piston caliper, floating 310mm disc|
|Rear Brakes||Nissin single-piston caliper, 240mm disc|
|Fuel Capacity||10 litre|
|Colours||White / Black or Black|
|Warranty||One year unlimited km|