Suzuki DR-Z125L – Hot on the trail
SuzukiDR-Z125L RIDE AWAY
The high performance Suzuki DR-Z125L introduces a serious dose of fun into every rider’s first taste of the off-road trail. Advanced technology from top to bottom with a host of high-grade components inspired by Suzuki’s motocross machines.
At its heart, a 4-stroke, 124cc power pack built to deliver tractable, accessible power, so riding’s as easy as possible. And smooth. The frame and swingarm have been created for ample rigidity and light weight, to produce a compact, perfectly proportioned off-road riding package. Easy on the eye as well. The fuel tank and frame covers are inspired from Suzuki’s state-of-the-art off-roader the DR-Z400E.
For those riders wanting more power but a lower seat height, take a look at the DR-Z125.
- 124cc, single-cylinder, 4-stroke, SOHC, 2-valve, air-cooled engine, built to deliver tractable, accessible power output to make riding as easy as possible for entry-level riders.
- Powerplant is tuned for strong low-to-mid rpm power by carefully selecting the lengths of the intake system and exhaust pipe, and by using a MIKUNI VM20 carburettor that contributes to better throttle response.
- Precise digital CDI ignition system with ignition timing map tuned to enhance the engine power characteristics.
- Primary kick-starter system for easy restarting.
- 5-speed transmission with gear ratios optimised for smooth off-road riding; link type gear shifting system built for highly reliable operation along with superb feel.
- Frame and swingarm, designed specially for the DR-Z125L, feature ample rigidity and lightweight, creating compact, optimum-size off-road riding package.
- Telescopic, 180mm front and link-type, 170mm rear suspension provide long wheel travel and smooth, progressive action, that enhances enjoyable, comfortable ride.
- Rear shock absorber spring preload is fully adjustable.
- Rugged, serrated footpegs shared with the DR-Z250 are durable and provide dependable grip even in wet conditions.
- Cutting-edge styling; composed by a dynamic combination of big off-roader DR-Z400-inspired fuel tank and fuel tank cover. Slim seat and front/side number plate are patterned after RM series motocrosser. Front fender, handlebars with crossbar and chain guard all shared with RM85 motocrosser.
- Lightweight, durable diamond frame with high-tensile main backbone tube and body frame.
- Lightweight carbon steel swingarm for excellent traction.
- The seat and bodywork compose a smooth, almost seamless surface for riders to move around.
- Low 805mm seat height, helps facilitate off-road riding.
- Compact 1270mm wheelbase for agile handling.
- The DR-Z125’s front disc and rear drum brakes deliver strong, reliable stopping performance, with the front disc brake caliper shared with the RM85 motocrosser Simplified electrical system, specially designed for off-road model, is composed of only the ignition system, harness and engine stop switch – all built for maximum reliability.
- Large engine skid plate is made of lightweight plastic and covers the entire bottom surface of the engine.
- Lightweight aluminium rims for unsprung weight reduction.
|Engine||124cc, 4-stroke, air-cooled, OHC, single cylinder|
|Transmission||5-speed constant mesh|
|Front Suspension||Telescopic, coil spring, oil damped|
|Rear Suspension||Link type, coil spring, oil damped|
|Fuel Capacity||4.8 litres|