Suzuki AN650 Burgman – Executive Performance
Now available with free On-Roads*
BURGMAN. The name is synonymous with two-wheel luxury.
For an entire generation of riders, BURGMAN has redefined the motorcycling experience. In ways once unimaginable, it has brought performance and comfort into alignment. It has presented motorcyclists everywhere with new ways to think about the twin pursuits of pleasure and freedom.
Now make way for a new BURGMAN 650. Control has never come so freely. Power has never flowed with such ease. Every movement feels smooth and graceful. Every street is yours for the taking. On the open highway, the BURGMAN 650 cruises in a class of its own. Such is the abundance of power at hand that your every destination feels near. It’s exhilarating. And from the exhilaration is born inspiration. The ease with which you accelerate, downshift, and manoeuvre around traffic and through every backroad detour is a tour de force.
Invalid Displayed Gallery
RRP $ 13,590
- liquid-cooled 638cm3 engine offers all the power you need. Computerized fuel injection, a Pulsed-secondary AIR-injection
- (PAIR) system, and an O2 feedback system with catalyser boost fuel efficiency and minimize emissions.
- Refined transmission setting and reduced mechanical losses contribute to boost fuel economy even more; the engine uses 15% less fuel* than that of the previous model in drive mode. Meanwhile, superlative control comes from a Suzuki Electronically-controlled Continuously Variable Transmission (SECVT).
- By just toggling buttons on the handlebars, you can choose three distinct transmission modes: two fully automatic modes (Drive and Power) and Manual. Drive mode heightens efficiency at normal road speeds and gives smooth, linear, almost shock-free power delivery for easy riding. Power mode gives more punch when you twist the throttle. And Manual mode lets you thumb-toggle between five preset gear ratios for a unique feeling of control.
- The SECVT’s updated design includes new clutch plates that cause 35% less drag.
- A tubular frame and aluminium-alloy swingarm position the engine and transmission for balance and agility. The frame inherits the long, 1595mm wheelbase of earlier Burgmans for a sporty, controllable ride and has a newly designed, slimmer tail section for sleeker, sportier bodywork. Plenty of wheel travel (110mm at the front and 100mm at the rear) helps to keep the ride smooth.
- Updated instruments keep the rider fully informed. Big, easy-to-read analogue dials for the speedometer and tachometer flank a digital display that shows an odometer, twin trip meters, a fuel consumption meter, a fuel meter, a coolant temperature indicator, a thermometer, a clock, an oil level indicator, an oil change indicator, a drive mode indicator (for drive mode and power mode), and a gear position indicator (for manual mode).
- All new Eco Drive Indicator to encourage riding that may reduce environmental impacts. The Eco Drive Indicator light, located on the instrument panel, will come on when the vehicle is operated in a fuel-efficient manner – and may help riders learn techniques to improve their fuel economy*
- Suzuki Advanced Immobilizer System (SAIS)* uses an electronic identification system in the owner’s key to prevent unauthorized people from starting the engine. Plus, the ignition switch is protected by a magnetic cover that opens only for the owner’s key.
- All-round disc brakes deliver reassuring stopping power. The front brakes have an updated design with floating discs for more consistent braking performance. An antilock braking system (ABS)** helps to maximize the rider’s control by preventing the wheels from locking during hard brake application. The ABS unit weights 55% less than that of the previous model.
- 50-litre underseat compartment can hold two full-face helmets and has a light for night time convenience. A cable lock allows you to secure a helmet outside the compartment to make space for luggage inside. Three compartments below the handlebars provide space for maps and other items you might need on the road. One contains a DC outlet that’s ideal for charging a mobile telephone.
- The windscreen is shaped to give great wind protection and a clear view of the road. It’s electrically adjustable to suit the rider’s height. For convenience in tight parking spaces, the rear view mirrors can be retracted electrically at the touch of a button.
- The seat is optimally sized and thickly padded for two-up luxury even on long journeys. The rider’s backrest can be adjusted forward and backward by 50mm for optimal support. No tools are necessary.
- A lever-operated brake lock lever gives the rider extra peace of mind. The lever has a stylish new design that makes it easier to reach and operate.
*The Eco Drive Indicator does not automatically improve fuel economy but may help riders refine their riding efficiency and improve fuel consumption. Fuel consumption may vary depending on traffic conditions, such as the frequency of starts from stop, distance driven, rate of acceleration (throttle use), chosen speed, and maintenance.
**The ABS is a supplemental device for brake operation, not a device for shortening stopping distance. Always remember to reduce speed sufficiently before approaching curves and corners.
|Engine||638cc, Twin-cylinder, 4-stroke, 8-valve DOHC, liquid-cooled|
|Transmission||Electronically controlled, CVT- Automatic & Manual shift|
|Front Suspension||41mm Telescopic, oil damped|
|Rear Suspension||Swingarm type, with adjustable spring preload|
|Front Breaks||Nissin twin-piston calipers, Dual 260mm floating discs with ABS|
|Rear Brakes||Twin-piston caliper, 250mm disc with ABS|
|Fuel Capacity||15 litre|
|Warranty||2 year unlimited kilometre|